We will be happy to welcome our guests and host them this summer to Votsalaki Boutique Resort Mykonos!
We hope you will have a pleasant stay to our premises!
Our opening date is May 15th , 2023
Our guests might notice some changes in our operation and everyday life, for example, welcoming them with masks, having signs everywhere showing them to keep safe distances, and disinfecting all the areas regularly. We would like to point out that we are doing all these to ensure your safety and well being as our guests and staff health is our number one priority! Let us be concerned about all these, and let you relax and enjoy your stay with us! You deserve it!
Some key points to be noted & Changes due to the Special Circumstances:
- Our infinity Pool and baby pool will remain open to our guests for the whole summer season.
- Check-in will be done between 14.00 (2pm)- 15:00 (3pm), and Check-out cannot be later than 11am, in order to allow additional time for cleaning and disinfection of the accommodation.
- Our pool café-snack bar is open normally.
- Our children’s playground will remain closed until further notice.
Also, you can read our detailed “Action Plan” for the virus risk reduction below if you wish.
Detailed “Health First” Action Plan:
Based on the latest Health Guidelines (Health Safety Protocols for the safe operation of the tourism industry and measures against covid-19) released by the Greek government on the 30th of April, 2022, we have adopted all necessary measures, designed to enhance the safety of our guests, and also, to minimize the risk of our employees, co-workers, partners and suppliers. Please find below the actions that we have undertaken in detail:
- We have issued the “Health First” certificate as required from the Greek Ministry of Tourism, to ensure that all protocols, measures, recommendations and necessary actions are taken and monitored according to the law, during the opening period.
- We have been certified through specialists for:
- Disinfection / Decontamination against bacteria and viruses appropriate for covid-19, other viruses.
- Pest control, Disinsectisation and Deratization
- Deep cleaning of the mattresses and acari elimination
- We are using certified chemicals frequently for the disinfection of:
- Indoor and outdoor public/communal areas,
- Indoor and outdoor spaces of our rooms and the apartments available to our guests,
- Enhanced cleaning and disinfection on check-out and before check-in of a guest,
- Always with special attention to the most touched surfaces.
- We are separate Air-condition units for each room (and not large units for the whole resort), to ensure that the air is not circulated to all units. We have been certified for the service of the units and cleaning the changing of filters (where needed) from specialists.
- Votslaki Resort ownership/management team is responsible for the implementation and monitoring of the «Αction plan» regarding the measures and guidelines as defined by Health Protocols and for the “Plan of action in case of a suspected covid-19 case (guest, or staff)”. Both plans comply with Health Protocols as defended by the Greek government according to the regulations.
- A complete medical kit is available at the reception office, and can be used in case of treatment of a possible infection.
- Votsalaki Resort has a partnership with “Mykonian Hygeia” Polyclnic in any case of possible infection of our guests or staff. Contact details: Doctor in Charge: Thrasivoulos Kontomitros , general doctor, Address: Dexamenes area, Mykonos, PO 84600, Greece, Local Phones : +30.22890.27407, +30.22890.24211, +30.22890.27464, Mobile Phones: +30.6977.654.737 & +30.6944.338.292, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- All the staff members, and guests’ personal information including Name, Nationality, check-in and out date and contact details (address, email, and telephone number) are recorded according to the Guidelines. Please note that we are not using any of the personal details for any other reasons outside the reservation purposes and/or the Guidelines and Regulations requirements as defined by the law. The personal details are protected from GDPR regulation and they are not shared with third parties outside our management or the authorities (if requested).
Before the arrival of our guests:
- We request all the personal information needed to be sent by email in order to minimize the check-in time.
- We are sending to the guests an information pack to ease their arrival, and to provide all the important information about their stay (map of the island, location, directions to find us, contact information, wifi password, public transportation , transportation drivers details, car rental information) in order to minimize the printed/flyer information at the reception office.
- The guests are informed in advance for any of our offered services that might be officially suspended or altered due to the special circumstances.
- The accommodation (indoor and outdoor), surfaces, contents and keys are cleaned and disinfected based on the latest cleaning & disinfection techniques and by following all the relevant protocols and guidelines. Special attention is given to most touched surfaces. Also, the accommodation is naturally ventilated (open window with window net) at all times.
- Washing and drying all the blankets, sofa and cushion covers, curtains, shower curtains and all fabric surfaces after check-out. Steam cleaner for the disinfection of fabric surfaces is used on the surfaces that cannot be washed.
- The Air-Condition (AC) filters are cleaned after check-out
- The AC units remain in use for at least 2 hours after check-out and before check-in.
- The AC units are used with open windows to ensure natural ventilation.
- According to the health protocols: we had altered the check-in and checkout time as follows: Check-in time after 14.00-15:00 (2ομ-3pm) and Check-out time before 11:00am, to allow additional time for cleaning and disinfection of the accommodation.
The following measures are taken to all indoor and outdoor public areas:
- We have increased the frequency of cleaning and disinfection of all public areas
- Working surfaces and shared equipment are disinfected regularly.
- We advise our guests to keep a safe distance at all the public areas with floor and wall signs.
- There are specific designated disposal bins for the protective gear (masks, gloves, etc).
- There are signs showing the maximum allowance of people in indoor spaces
- There are informative posters with measures for the virus risk reduction and personal protection.
- Hand Sanitizers are provided in all the public areas and signs to keep the safe distances.
- Before Entering in the “personnel only” areas, the staff is using hand sanitizer.
- The shared desk equipment used at the reception office are cleaned and disinfected with chemicals and also through an electric sterilizer.
- There are signs asking to wash your hands and to flush the toilet with the lid closed.
- The ventilation system is in use at all times, and – where possible, there is natural ventilation (open window) at all times.
Swimming Pool, Pool Bar & Gym area:
- There are signs showing the maximum allowance of people that can use the swimming pools at the same time, which is 19people in the infinity pool and 5people in the “baby-pool”.
- The tables, sun-beds and chairs are placed according to the health protocols (1.5meters distance) allowing additional space between 2 different groups of people that are not living in the same apartment.
- After each use, the tables and all sitting (chairs, sun beds, etc) are disinfected.
- The plates and cutlery is washed thoroughly, even the ones that were on the table and not had been used.
- POS card charging terminals are disinfected after each use.
- The room service personnel are using protective gear.
- The swimming pools are cleaned according to the guidelines and regulations in use.
- We are running frequent tests on the amounts of chlorine and PH values of the water in the swimming pools to ensure we are following all the guidelines and the values are recorded (every 4hours for the chlorine and every 24hours for the PH value during the opening hours of the pools).
- We are running tests, and receive the relevant certificates on the quality of waters of the swimming pools and of the waters in the building systems according to the guidelines for protection from “Legionella” and during the covid-19.
- The gym equipment is sanitized after each use.
- All members of our staff are either vaccinated or undertaking covid rapid/lateral tests 1time/week as defined by the law and obtain a negative result certificate from the relative platform.
- We have provided all the necessary protection measures to all our staff (protective gear: masks, gloves, sanitizers, robes etc). Our staff complies with all the safety and distance measures, and they have been informed that in case they feel sick they need to stay at home.
- The staff is not eating, drinking or smoking during their working swifts.
- All the members of the staff had received special and extensive training from the management regarding the following: general information about covid-19 epidemiological features and ways of risk reduction, all the content of the Official health protocols (video and personal seminars), specific use of the cleaning & sanitizing products and techniques (from specialists), health and safety on the cleaning department the food department (HACCP regulations), the swimming pool department and the gym department, according to the regulations and protocols in use.
- The cleaning personnel had received extra training about the special cleaning and disinfection methods in case of a covid-19 case.
- Our reception team can answer any questions you may have regarding the protocols and procedures.
- The drivers of our partner company are following all measures according to the Health Protocols: wearing protective gear, having open windows, avoiding handshakes and providing hand sanitizer.
- Entrance is not allowed to others than our staff in specific areas: bar, kitchen, linen storage, laundry room. Suppliers can enter in designated parts of the areas only. Technicians to fix a possible damage can enter only with protective gear and with the presence of our staff and are required to use sanitizer.
- The use of the laundry room is done only by our cleaning personnel under the correct guidelines and hot water cycles. The Area of the used and clean linens and towels are well separated with signs. The used linens and towels are removed from the apartments and moved to the laundry room inside closed noted bags while our personnel wear special disposable cloth robes.
- The housekeeping trolleys are disinfected after each use.
- The area of the linen storage is kept closed, clean and disinfected and air purified and dehumidifier in all times.
- We keep registration books for our guests, our management, employees, family members, and partners visiting the premises regularly.
Suppliers and Partners:
- We have informed all of our suppliers and partners about our Safety measures and our detailed “Action Plan” by sending to them this document.
- All our Suppliers and partners of goods and services are obligated to follow similar Safety and Health Protocols according to their profession.
We would like to point out that our guests’ health is our number-one priority and we are working hard to ensure that our environment will be as safe as possible to live in and enjoy their time with us. Everyone deserves something positive to look forward and dream of a relaxing, fun and safe summer vacation!
Emmanouela Poulopoulou & Konstatninos Poulopoulos
Votsalaki Boutique Resort Management
Resposible team for the “Action Plan”
Kalamopodi – Paradise beach, 84660, Mykonos
Tel: +30 2289079743